Emily de Molly Clean Up Crew - Review

Tuesday 14 April 2015


We all know how much of a pain cleaning up after a gradient can be and lately there has been a lot of new products coming out.  Today I thought I would share with you my thoughts and a demonstration of Emily de Molly's Clean Up Crew.  Previously I would either use nothing (which made clean up even more difficult) sticky tape or Loki's Nail Vinyls Nail Aprons.  I also have tried using PVA glue but wasn't a fan of that at all.

Clean Up Crew is a latex based product that helps with easy clean up of messy manis (eg. gradients).  Because this is a latex product it does smell really bad when it is wet (I'm slowly starting to get use to it and I have been using it for at least a couple of months) but the smell disappears when it is dry.  The dry time will depend on how thick you paint it on.  For my example I did a pretty heavy coat and it dried in less than a minute.

How to use Clean Up Crew:
1.  Start by painting your base coat, and colour of your choice.  As I am doing a gradient I am starting with two coats of OPI Alpine Snow.

2.  Paint on Clean Up Crew around the nail.  When Clean Up Crew is wet is will be a light blue as shown in my picture.

3.  Wait for Clean Up Crew to be dry before starting your gradient or nail art.  It will change colour and feel slightly sticky.

4.  Apply gradient/nail art to nails.  I used Grace-Full Nail Polish's Maddison, Emma and Liz for my gradient.  And just check out that lovely mess.

5.  Peel off Clean Up Crew.  This is really simple to do and usually comes off in one piece.  You can see that not all of Clean Up Crew peeled off in one go but its easy enough to fix with acetone and a clean up brush.  

6.  And the finished result.

I haven't actually tried any other products that are similar to this so I can't actually compare them but I can say that I love Clean Up Crew.  It's super quick, easy to use and reduces the amount of clean up time drastically.  It's definitely my go to for all messy manis.  

Clean Up Crew is available from Emily de Molly and retails for $7 for 12ml.   









No comments:

Post a Comment